ISO IEC 29341-16:2010 pdf – lnformation technology – UPnP device architecture – Part 16-10: Low Power Device Control Protocol – Low Power Proxy Service
ISO IEC 29341-16:2010 pdf – lnformation technology – UPnP device architecture – Part 16-10: Low Power Device Control Protocol – Low Power Proxy Service.
This service dehnition Is compliant with the UPnP Device Architecture version 1.0.
This servlce•type enables modeling of Basic Power Management Proxy function capabilities. Basic Power Management Proxy (BPMPX) Is a combination of UPnP service and a control point. As Control Point. Proxy discovers and controls Low Power Device services running In the network, and as UPnP Proxy service, It advertises itself to the network, and responds to actions from low power aware Control Point. (LPARCHJ Basic functions that BPMPX does are as follows:
• Receive multicast discovery messages from power managed UPnP devices in order to be aware of their power states (i.e. the BPMPX will act as Control Point).
• Send multicast or unicast discovery messages (i.e. M-SEARCH) to query UPnP devices and keep track of their power states (i.e. the BPMPX Will act as Control Point).
• Send GetPowerManagementlnfo action to obtain power management mechanism provided by power-aware devices.
• Should send the appropriate wakeup message to the specified sleeping device when it receives WakeupOevice action from power aware Control Point. (LPARCH)
• Act as UPnP service
• Sending BPMPX service announcements and M-Search replies.
• Respond to SearchSleepingDevlces action to provide the information of sleeping devices In network.
• Respond to Wakeup action from Control Point. (Wake up action is directed to the low power devices and not for waking up the BPMPX)
1.1 Referenced SpecifIcatIons
Unless stated otherwise herein, implementation of the mandatory provisions ol any standard referenced by this specification shall be mandatory for compliance with this specification.
1.1.1 Normative References
This clause lists the normative references used in this document and includes the tag inside square brackets that is used for each sub reference:
[DEVICE 10) UPnP Device Architecture, version 1.0,
(XMLIO) Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Second Edition), T. Bray, J.Paoll, C. M.
Sperberg-McOueen, [ Maler, eds. W3C Recommendations, 6 October 2000.
[LPDEV1J LowPowerDevice:1 Mika Saaranen, Jose Costa•Requena. Shailendra Sinha. Ujwal Paidipathi. Yin.Llng Liong, Ylnghua Ye, and Bruce Fairman, etc.
1.1.2 Informative References
This clause lists the informative references used in this document and includes the tag inside square brackets that is used for each sub reference:
(LPARCH) UPnP Low Power Architecture. Ujwal Paidipathi. Jose Costa-Requena, Shailendra Sinha. Vin-Ling Liong, Yinghua Ye. Bruce Fairman, etc.
2.5.2 Basic Power Management Proxy Service
The UPnP BPMPX, which works as a proxy service, exposes the SearchSleepingDevices action to the low power aware Control Point. The BPMPX maintains the power management related information of the sleeping devices. On receiving the SearchSleepingDevices” action, the BPMPX retrieves the list of sleeping devices/services matching the input argument parameters from its stored power management related information. The input argument parameters SearchCriteria and PowerState provide the matching criteria for ‘SearchSleepingDevices. The returned DeviceList has to contain at least the following information:
• Device and/or service information as In the SSDP search response
• The power state of the low power enabled device.
• The sleep period of the low power enabled device.
• Whether the current BPMPX can wake up the low power enabled device.
• The bearer specific wake up method of the low power enabled device.
On receiving the “WakeupDevice action, if the BPMPX knows the bearer specific wakeup mechanism of the device specified by the UUID and If the specified device is in deep sleep oflline state, the bearer specific wakeup messages will be sent from BPMPX to the sleeping device, It the sleeping device is in deep sleep online state, the Wakeup action will be sent from BPMPX to the sleeping device It the BPMPX does not gel a response from the device, it may try to use the bearer specific wakeup mechanism. II BPMPX receives the action, but fails to send out message(s) to the sleeping device, the OUT argument parameter Success returns
3 XML Service Description.