ASME B30.19-2000 pdf – CABLEWAYS
ASME B30.19-2000 pdf – CABLEWAYS.
Section 19-3.1: Operator Qualifications and operating Practice
a ) Cableways shall le operaled only by the follow-ing personnel.
l ) designated persons;
(2) uainees under the direct supervision of a desig-nated person;
3 ) mainienance anudiiest personnei，when it isnecessary in the performance of their duties;
(4) inspeciors (cableways).
bj No one,other than personnel specified in (a)abuve,siaii enniev a coniroi cab,wih the exception ofpersons such as oilcrs and supcrvisors wlose dutiesrcquirc thcm to do so, and thcn only in thc pcrfouanceof thcir dutics and with the knowledge of thc opcratoror other appointcd pcrson.
19-3.1.2Qualifications for Operators
a)Operators shall be required to pass a practicaloperating examination. Examination shall be limited tothe specific type of equipment to be operated.
bj Operators shall meet the following physical quali-fications:
(1) vision of at least 20/30Snellen in one eyeand 20/50 in the other. with or without glasses:;
(2) ability to distinguish red, green,and yellow,regardless of position of colors. if color differentiationis required for operation;
(3) adequate hearing. with or without hearing aid,for the specific operation;
(4) evidence that an operator is subject to seizurescr loss of physical control shall be sufficient reasonfor disqualincation. Specialized medical tests may berequired to determine these conditions.
19-3.1.3 Operating Practices
(a) The operator shal nol engage in any practicewhich will divert attention while actually engaged inoperating the cableway.
(b) when physically or mentally unft. an operatorshall not engage in the operation of the equipment.
(c) The operator shall respond to signals only fromthe appointed signalperson,but shall obey a stop signalar any time. no matter who gives it.
(d) The operator shall be responsible for thosc opcra-tions under his/her direct contro!. Whenever there isany doubt as to safety, the operator shall consult withthe supervisor before handling the loads.
(e)Before leaving the controls unattcndcd,the opera-tor shall:
1) land any suspended load,buckct，lifting mag-nct，or other device;
2) set tower travcl and all cablc drum brakesand other locking devices;
3) put controls in thc off or ncutral position;(4) stop thc cnginc or turn off electric power;i(5) secure cableway againsi accidental operation;(6) take measures to secure movable towers whenthe wind alarm is given or wien ieaving overnight.When an out-of-order sign is on the startingconiros, the operaior shaii not power the unit or startoperations until the sign has been ret.oved by thepcrson responsible for thc initiai placing of the out-of-ordcr sign or that person’s designated representative.(g)Before siariing a power unit. the operator shaiiassure that all personnel are in the clear.
(h)lf power fails during operation.the operator shall:) if practical.1and the suspended load usingcontrois or ernergency means:
2) set all brakes and locking devices:
3) move ail clutch or other power controls tothc off position.
(i) The operator shall be familiar with the equipmentand its proper care. If adjustments or repairs are neces-sary or any damage is known. it shall be reported tothe appointed person. and the next operator shall benotified of the damage upon changing shifts.
(j) All controls shall be tested by the operator atthe start of a new shif If any controls do not opcrateproperly.they shall be adjusted or repaired beforeoperations are begun.
(k) No cableway operation shall be performed unlessa designated cignalperson directs the operation or the operator is within full vision of the operation to be performed.
Section 19 3.2: Operating Practices
19-3.2.1 Handiling the Load
19-22.214.171.124 Size of Load
(u) No cablcway shall be loaded beyond the rated load, cxccpt for authorized tests.
(b) The individual dirccting the lift shall ascertain that the weight of the load does not exceed the maximum rated load.
19-126.96.36.199 Attaching the Load
(a) The hoist rope shall not be in contact with the load.
(b) The load shall be attached to the hook or shackle
by means of slings or other approved devices.
19-188.8.131.52 Moving the Load
(a) The individual directing the lift shall see that:
(1) cableway troley is within its operating limis and the towers are aligned and within the lufing limits for the weight of ioad;
(2) the load is well secured and properly balanced in the sting 0r lifning device before it is hoisted more than a few inches;
(3) ihoist rope is not kinked;
(4) multiple part lines are not twisted around cach other;
(5) the hook is brought over the load in such a manner as to minimizc swinging:
(6) the ropc is properly seated on the drum and in the sheaves if there had been a slack rope condition.
(b) During the hoisting. the operator shall take carc that.